This post features products kindly gifted by BuyWholeFoodsOnline.co.uk – these are marked with an asterisk (*).
Ingredients (makes 12 balls):
- 85g creamy/smooth peanut butter
- 60g dark chocolate chips (or milk, whichever you prefer)
- 128g oats
- 60g chia or Organic Shelled Hemp seeds* (i’ve used 30g of each in this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Wild Flower Bulgarian Honey* – I can’t tell you how GOOD this smells.
- optional: handful of dried fruits (I was kindly sent some Dried Cranberries* but left them out this time round to keep the size of the balls smaller!)
How To Make Them:
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl (told you it was easy) and stir well to mix them together.
- Place the mix in the fridge for 15-20 minutes so they’re easier to roll.
- Roll the mixture into 12 bites (or however you want to make depending on the size you want ’em) and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to scoff them!
Benefits of Hemp Seeds:
- great source of protein
- high in fibre
- full of vitamins and minerals including magnesium (which will make our bodies very happy!)
- rich in fatty acids
One of the things I love about BWFO (besides their HUGE selection of organic and whole foods obvs) is that at heart they are a family-run business start from really humble beginnings with founders and cousins Arthur and Joe setting up shop in their shed!
Having outgrown each warehouse and location they moved to due to the growing success of the business they finally settled in a whopping 25,000 square foot warehouse in Ramsgate in 2016 and that’s where they’ve been ever since!