Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR! It’s 2020, what the heck? When did that happen?! I hope you all had a lovely festive period and spent a lot of time with your loved ones. I find the time between Christmas and New Year is very good fore some self reflection.
I’ve always loved a New Year Resolution although maybe I see them slightly differently the older I’m getting; they always used to be ‘LOSE WEIGHT’ or ‘GET FIT’ or ‘EAT LESS CHOCOLATE’ etc and although none of those resolutions are bad if that’s what you want to do, I always found them far too vague which in turn made me see them as intimidating and unattainable.
This year I’ve decided to set some more realistic and achievable goals and also define some new habits I’d like to start this year and I thought in case anyone needed any inspiration I’d share them with you today.
- Eat clean more often – It’s slowly dawning on me that I need to be kinder to my body. That means less processed food that contains, well, who knows what in it?! Don’t get me wrong, I can’t eat clean all day everyday as I love the odd treat now and then but I’m definitely going to make better choices when I can which
- Attend 5 gym classes a week – I’m currently a member of a fantastic fitness club in my local area which is run by one lady – Jo – who holds 9 classes a week including Zumba, Full Body Workout, Barre, AbsTastic and Clubbercise at our local gym. I joined last Jan and I still try to make a few classes a week now but my 2020 goal is to attend 5 each week.
- Take multivitamins DAILY – I’ve already failed at this one so far but that’s only because I can’t actually find the multivitamins I pruchased a month or so ago *eye roll* so I need to get to Holland and Barratt and treat myself to some new ones before I can get going. This one’s pretty important for me though as I don’t really eat any fresh fruit so am missing out on some vital vits!
- Keep up my daily skincare routine – Since Christmas I’ve treated myself to some new beauty products and tools to really up my game in 2020 (it’s not difficult seeing as my 2019 game was a make-up wipe…) I’ve bought a jade and rose quartz roller/gua-sha set and am loving using these day and night along with my new Homedics Facial Cleanser. I want to make sure that I keep this up as i’m a week or so in and already seeing a difference in my skin!
- Have more structure/routine – When I told my boyfriend about this goal he panicked but that’s coming from him, someone who had practically ZERO routine before we got together. I reassured him though that it was my goal and he didn’t have to join in. However, I want to ensure I’m getting 8 hours of sleep each night, making more time in the mornings so I’m not rushing or late for work, keeping the house tidy (putting something away after using it). Basically just having my shit together a little more.
- Say yes less – By this I mean, stop doing so much stuff that I don’t want to do or being worried to say ‘nah, I’m good thanks’. Even something as little as staying up late when really I want to just go to bed at 10pm and get a good night’s sleep before work or turning down an invite to a party when I’d rather have some time to myself to relax and unwind. The only pressure that’s on me to please everyone else is the pressure I put on myself!